Don't Walk

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend. (Copyright Russ Bernie and Company, Inc)

Sunday 5 January 2014

Sunday Sunday

A proper post Christmas pottering about sort of a day.  Today it was the turn of the utility room to have some tidying attention.

This afternoon saw me fall foul of the computer peripheral - what is it with printers?  All I wanted to do was print a picture on some A4 photo paper.  It printed on ordinary paper but the minute the high grade glossy inkjet paper was introduced - meltdown.  The touchscreen instructions on the front were unhelpful from the point of view that I followed them but they just kept telling me to do the same thing over and again.  Finally, I resorted to the action of a tyrant and cut off its power supply and gave up trying to print the photo.  That passed a happy hour and resulted in exhaustion.

We were successful at the pub quiz tonight. For a change I felt that I contributed my fair share- I was not disconcerted by the individual round on "Canals" - a real anorak subject.

Progress is being made with Jeeves and the Wedding Bells.  I think he is maybe trying too hard and some of Bertie's language doesn't seem quite right but it is entertaining enough so far.

Off to do a little electronic Sudoku now.  I found an unfinished Puzzler app on my iPad and in the spirit of January tidying up feel I should attempt to complete it.

No comments: